In most cases, user experience design (UXD or UED) fully encompasses traditional human-computer interaction (HCI) design, and extends it by addressing all aspects of a product or service as perceived by users. User experience is any aspect of a person's interaction with a given IT system, including the interface, graphics, industrial design, physical interaction, and the manual.
- Deliverables Vs Delivery: create prototypes-diagrames etc but ALWAYS check the feedback (talks, surveys,tweets, reactions etc).
- CONSTRAINTS FUEL CREATIVITY: don't make something for all. Create something to be loved from a specific audience. Example iPad lacks usb-extra cards etc for geeks but loved for kitchen or bathroom use from typical non laptop users. Do not create something for you. UX designer is not the center of the universe. The Specific user is. Embrace the constraints.
- UTILITY VS. BEAUTY: do not create beautifull thinks for beauty, but make utility to be elegent and beauty.
- THE USAGE LIFECYCLE: Take the time to understand your user. It will decrease the risk of creating an an unfavorable experience and give you an opportunity to turn them into your greatest advocate.Do that through life cycle (
- Eating in the dining room is the best…eating in the bathroom is…not such a good experience. We build rooms->web pages.
- USER INTERFACE AS CUSTOMER SERVICE: use microcopy.
- VISUAL HIERARCHY - The best visual hierarchies lead users to take the action confidently
- VISUAL WEIGHT - Visual weight reinforces a page or screen’s by contrasting the size, color and/or position of elements in the design.Color is another key in establishing Visual Weight.
- It's the little things: Charles Eames said, ”The details are not the details. They make the design."
- Honest Interface: The integrity of the interface reflects how much you value your users.
- 10 UX principles
- psychology of use, play, product adoption, and social interaction to create the best experiences)
- The conversation is both how we deliver and how we find out how to make it better)